MEDITERRANEAN TEXTILE AND RAW MATERIALS EXPORTERS' ASSOCIATION
Mediterranean Textile and Raw Materials Exporters' Association (ATHİB) was established on October 30, 1986, with the strength and foundation it received from the Çukurova Cotton Exporters' Association, the first exporters' association established in Türkiye. Today, ATHİB, which is one of the leading institutions that direct Türkiye's textile exports, has more than a thousand members.
When the export data between January and September 2023 is examined, it is seen that ATHİB has an 11% share of Türkiye's textile and raw materials sector exports with its exports of 782.3 million dollars. When we look at the export data for the first 9 months of 2023, it is observed that exports are mostly made to European Union countries and USA.
In ATHİB exports, where woven fabric, knitted fabric and artificial-synthetic fiber constitute the 3 most important sub-product groups in exports, Italy, Spain and USA are seen to be the largest export markets in the first 9 months of 2023.
The main activities of the Mediterranean Textile and Raw Materials Exporters' Association can be listed as follows;
ATHİB Woven Fabric Design Competition
- The Woven Fabric Design Competition, organized by ATHİB since 2012, aims to support design and innovation in the textile industry and to introduce young designers to the sector.
- It is the first and only competition held in the field of woven fabric design in Türkiye.
- Many young designers have been introduced to the industry since 2012.
- Competitors who received international education awards completed their education in various schools abroad and took their place in the industry.
- For more information: www.dokumayarismasi.org
- Organizing information seminars, trainings and meetings for ATHİB members.
- To share monthly, semi-annual and annual export reports prepared by ATHİB.
- To establish academy-industry cooperation by supporting students studying in textile-related departments.
- ATHİB provides consultancy services to its members on the following issues: projects, Design Centers and national/international fairs.
- ATHİB has a policy-making role in the export and import policy of the Turkish textile industry.