MEDITERRANEAN FISHERY AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS EXPORTERS' ASSOCIATION
Mediterranean Fishery And Animal Products Exporters' Association, of which the foundations were laid in 1940 by the Union of Southern Provinces Live Animal Exporters, was founded in order to organize and conduct activities with the purpose of increase of the inland and abroad demand in the Aquaculture and animal products sector, the improvement of the image of sea products, branding abroad, increase of export business in the target and existing markets. It was named as Mediterranean Fishery and Animal Products Exporters' Association in 1986.
Mediterranean Fishery and Animal Products Exporters' Association, which has presently nearly 860 members, represents 6 sectors. These are;
- Poultry (Poultry meat and eggs)
- Fishery products (Fresh, chilled, frozen, cured, smoked, dried, fillet fish, crustaceans (e.g. lobsters, shrimps, crabs) and mollusc (e.g. oysters, scallops, mussels, snails etc.)
- Dairy products (milk and milk products, cheese, butter, cream, yoghurt, buttermilk, milk powder etc.)
- Livestock (live horses, asses, mules, hinnies, bovine animals, swine, sheep, goats, live poultry etc.)
- Other products of animal origin (casings, edible animal products (e.g. sausage), other animal products (e.g. guts, bladders, stomachs, animal hair))