MEDITERRANEAN AQUATIC AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS EXPORTERS' ASSOCIATION
Our association, of which the foundations were laid in 1940 by the Association of Southern Provinces Live Animal Exporters, was founded in order to organize and conduct activities with the purpose of increasing the inland and abroad demand in the Aquaculture and Animal products, improving the image of sea products, branding, increasing exports to the target and existing markets. It was named Mediterranean Aquactic and Animal Products Exporters' Association in 1986.
Mediterranean Aquatic and Animal Products Exporters' Association , which has presently nearly 634 members, represents 6 sectors. These are;
- Poultry (Poultry meat and eggs)
- Aquatic products (Fresh, chilled, frozen, cured, smoked, dried, fillet fish, crustacens (e.g. lobsters, shrimps, crabs) and mollusc (e.g. oysters, scallops, mussels, snails etc.)
- Dairy products (milk and milk products, cheese, butter, cream, yoghurt, buttermilk, milk powder etc.)
- Livestock (live horses, assaes, mules, hinnies, bovine animals, swines, sheeps, goats, live poultry etc.)
- Other products of animal origin (casings, edible animal products (e.g. sausage), other animal products (e.g. guts, bladders, stomachs, animal hair))